Glenn is a senior litigation lawyer, who advises and represents private and local government clients. Glenn specialises in commercial and civil disputes and also advises on general local government issues.
Glenn has a particular focus on complex and high-value litigation matters and has extensive interlocutory and trial experience. He has a solid track record in contentious superior Court actions, with experience in all Western Australian Courts, the Federal and Federal Circuit Courts of Australia and the New South Wales superior and lower courts. Glenn has worked with Senior and Queens’ Counsel at a number of trials across Australia.
"What makes me different as a lawyer is that I'm enthusiastic about explaining legal issues to my clients and proposing practical, sensible solutions to their problems."
Glenn has a breadth of knowledge spanning highly-contested patent litigation actions; partnership, business and corporate disputes; copyright disputes; employee fraud; restraints of trade; commercial leasing and real property sale disputes; as well as lower-value Magistrates Court-level matters.
Glenn presently leads a team of lawyers in a complex negligence action in the Supreme Court of Western Australia, as well as representing multiple private and local government clients.
Local Government Law
- Provides advice on statutory interpretation and compliance under the Local Government Act 1995 and associated regulations
- Provides general advice and representation to local government clients, particularly in relation to commercial, civil and governance disputes
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Western Australia and Federal Court of Australia, both in 2010
- Appears in the Supreme, District and Magistrates Courts of Western Australia and other courts and tribunals as needed
- Significant litigation experience including the conduct of a series of multi-million dollar litigation actions which comprised three separate proceedings and generated 12 published decisions
- Has appeared as Counsel in the Supreme Court of Western Australia (as junior Counsel) and the District Court of Western Australia, as well as various interlocutory appearances
- National scale - Glenn has acted as an instructing solicitor at a trial in the New South Wales Supreme Court, various trials in the Federal Court of Australia (NSW District Registry), retained Queens’ and Junior Counsel from Victoria and represented clients in lower courts in New South Wales
- Alleged breach of employment duties (employee restraints)
- Misuse of confidential information
Construction and Construction-related Disputes
Partnership and Business Governance Disputes
Trading Act and other Consumer Protection Legislation
Wills and Probate Litigation
- Member of the Law Society of Western Australia’s Small Firms Network
- Member of Young Insurance Professionals Australia and New Zealand
- Member of the Australian College of Strata Lawyers
- Member of the Strata Community Association WA Inc
University of Western Australia
Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (Honours) (2009)
Bachelor of Arts (BA) (2009)
Supreme Court of Western Australia (2010)
High Court of Australia (2010)